Minor Driver Education Frequently Asked Question?

Here you will find a list of complete and very practical answers. Don’t forget, our experts are best placed to answer your questions.
1. Who is required to take a driver education course?
Any person between 14 and 25 years old. who does not have a driving permit.
2. I want to take a driver education course, what are my options?
You have 3 options 1. Take a drivers Education course with us at the driving school. 2. Take out Online Drivers education course from the comfort of your own home. 3. Take a drivers educations permit test at the DPS.
3. How much does driver education courses cost?
Prices vary for each service that we offer. Please take a look at our programs tab, and view our price list for the service that you require.
4. How long is the minor and adult driver education course?
The time period for the MINOR, or Teenage drivers Education course is below: 1. 32-Hour, in-classroom session; 16- days 2 hours a day 2.7 hours of driving, 7 hours of observation; 7 days of in-car instruction 2 hours per session. 3. After completing that the minor must complete 30 hours of driving with the parent or guardian on their own schedule. 4. Minor must hold Permit for at least 6 months before taking driving test. The Adult course consists of a 6-Hour course that will be completed in only 1 day.
5. Can a person older than 18, but younger than 25, take the minor driver education course (32 hours of classroom, 7 hours behind-the-wheel, 7 hours observation)?
No the Minor Drivers Education course is only available to those aged 14-18 years old. Anyone older than that must take the Adult drivers 6-hour education course.
6. I lost the form that I received when I completed my driver education course and I need it to get my driver license. Who can I contact to get a duplicate?
To get a duplicate certificate of completion (the DE-964 or DE-964E Certificate of Completion), contact the public school or driver education school you attended. If you completed a parent taught course, contact the parent taught course provider.
7. My child dropped out of high school and has been told that they cannot get a driver license until they are 18. Is that true?
No. Persons under 18 must be enrolled and attending school as a condition of being licensed to operate a motor vehicle, unless the person has a high school diploma or GED.
8. What is a student’s alternative to getting a Verification of Enrollment and Attendance Form from their high school during the summer months?
If the VOE is issued the last week of school or during the summer, it is valid for more than the normal 30 days; i.e. until school starts after summer vacation. If you are applying during the summer and are still enrolled in school, your last report card for the most recent school year is acceptable if it has the student’s name, a list of absences, and a complete listing of grades.
9. I am enrolled in a 32-hour teen driver education course and I just turned 18. Can I use the time I have already completed as proof of completion of my 6-hour adult driver education course?
No. Teen driver education classroom hours cannot be applied to the 6-hour adult driver education classroom hour requirements. You must complete the full adult driver course or complete the full teen driver education program
10. I completed my driver education course and the school will not issue my completion certificate. What should I do?
The school can withhold the completion certificate if the course has not been paid for in full. Please contact the school first to verify that the student has completed all the required classes or make-up hours. If you have reached out to the school and they will not provide you with your completion certificate, please contact driver education and safety program staff and include the name and address of the school, and the student’s first and last name.